Have you ever attended a quartet convention? If not, you’re missing out! We can guarantee that you’ll crack a smile at the Midwest Quartet Convention in Des Moines, Iowa this October 6-7! Here’s how:
- THE GROUPS ARE CRAZY. Seriously. When you combine 19 quartets, trios, and family groups and put them under one roof, really random things show up in hallways, on banners, and on buses. Like the one time One Voice raided Still Water’s bus…
- TALKS OVER DINNER ARE THE BEST. Food is available onsite at the Holiday Inn-Airport (can we hear a hooray for not having find a McDonald’s somewhere?), and it’s the perfect place to make new friends.
- THE EMCEE WAS A RADIO HOST, and he is hilarious. (Yep—he’s the one wearing the orange cone above.) Not only is Tom Brown a former quartet member, but he is a walking joke book. You’ll be smiling, if not down right laughing, at his Minnesota-Iowa digs.
- THERE ARE OLD SONGS AND NEW SONGS. All the groups like to mix up their selections: whether it’s a original tune or “Leaning on the Everlasting Arms”, you’ll hear music that you love.
- THE NEWS IS ALWAYS GOOD. Take a break from depressing news coverage and get refueled by the best news in the world: We sure are sinners, but Jesus Christ has wiped out our sins through His death and resurrection! Get the full scoop at the convention, and you’ll be glad you came!
Already planning to attend this year’s convention? Invite a friend for a day! It’s only $14 for general seating (you can’t even buy a CD for that price!) and you’ll get a full day of Gospel music! What are you waiting for?! Call (712) 623-6397 for your tickets or buy them at the door.
See you there!