10 days left till the 2014 MWQA Convention begins! Here are some things to keep in mind as you prepare for the weekend...
1. Over 20 groups from across the Midwest are gathering in Des Moines, IA. Tour buses, RVs, passenger vans, and shuttle buses will be pulling in with licenses plates from Minnesota, Iowa, North and South Dakota, Illinois, Missouri, Michigan, Kansas, Kentucky, and Arkansas. Each group brings their own unique sound, personality, and ministry, creating an exciting atmosphere to the weekend.
2. Holiday Inn – Airport is, like its name implies, near the Des Moines International Airport. Are you needing directions? Click this link to see exactly where the hotel is located and plan your travels accordingly.
3. You don’t have to leave the hotel to get a bite to eat — supper is going to be delicious! Holiday Inn will be catering the evening meals. Here’s the deal for supper: $15 dollars for a scrumptious dinner of baked ham/roast beef, cheesy potatoes au gratin, buttered corn, and coleslaw on Friday, and fried chicken/meat loaf, mashed potatoes with chicken gravy, tossed salad, and green beans on Saturday. Both meals will include cookies, iced tea, and coffee. The hotel also has a restaurant on site, so if you want to grab some food at any other time, you can…without driving off site.
4. There is a special prayer breakfast at 9 AM on Saturday morning. A breakfast will be available for an additional cost and Jeff Stice will lead devotions. Please make plans to join us for this special opportunity for Christian fellowship!
5. Don’t forget to bring your tickets! If you have ordered tickets online, make sure you print and bring along the tickets you received through your email. You will receive a wristband for the weekend according to the tickets you purchased. (No more fishing for your tickets to show to the ushers at the door!)
6. The schedule is available on the website. But there will be a special program available at the convention, complete with a schedule, an artist listing, and photo gallery. (Be sure to pick one up as a handy guide and souvenir!)
7. If you ever need a rest, you can just retire to your room at the Holiday Inn for a quick break. There are other hotels in the area, but we specifically selected Holiday Inn – Airport for your convenience and comfort. There are hotel packages still available and we would encourage you to take advantage of the great arrangement.
8. Invite a friend to come along! Have you been blessed by a MWQA convention in the past? Share the experience with someone you know! Events are always much more fun when shared with a friend or two. Bring a neighbor, a best pal, or your grandkids and arrange a memorable, refreshing weekend.
9. If you like taking pictures, feel free to bring your camera! (If you take pictures or video during the convention, please share them with us through email or our Facebook — we’d love to see them!) Take some cash along for the convention program/schedule ($1.00 each) and CDs from your favorite groups. If you get cold, pack a sweater; if you get hot, bring a paper fan. And toting along a smile doesn’t hurt either!
10. You just never what’s going to happen! From moments of hilarious spontaneity to tearful worship, each convention leaves both attendees and artists with special memories. When you get people together who love Jesus and are just down-right crazy, anything is bound to happen — on stage and off! Come prepared for the unexpected.